Welcome to Postcards from Prague

Hello All!

Welcome to my blog, Postcards from Prague! This is where I will be posting updates about my study abroad trip to London and Prague. Once I've arrived in Europe, I'll will be posting at least two times a week with pictures and stories from my travels. Until then I'll post updates as they come!

So first of all, a little bit about me:

I'm Jackey, I am a 2012 graduate of Hartford Union High School and am now a BFA Musical Theatre major at the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point. I am currently a junior in my program but, as a transfer student, this is my fifth year of college.

This summer I will be studying abroad in London, England as a part of the Theatre in London study abroad trip through UWSP. The Theatre in London trip focuses on "expanding your knowledge of drama and theatre from Shakespeare to contemporary writers by reading and viewing plays, engaging in post-show talk backs, and immersing yourself in the culture of London...". While there, I will attend lectures and 7-9 professional productions. We also get to tour Stratford-upon-Avon, where Shakespeare was born and theaters such as the Globe and the Royal National Theatre. I will be spending the the majority of the month of June here.

In March, I was also accepted to study with the Prague Shakespeare Company for their summer Shakespeare intensive in the Czech Republic. While in Prague we will be studying detailed voice, text and speech work, hand to hand and armed stage combat, puppetry, mask, clowning, Baroque dance, and more. The faculty consists of professional master teachers from around the world including graduates from Julliard and professionals from the Royal Shakespeare Company.

I am currently raising funds to pay for the tuition, if you are interested in donating you can find my GoFundMe at www.gofundme.com/prague-shakespeare-intensive-fund where there is also more detailed information about how my time in Prague will be spent and other current updates.

Feel free to comment and browse around the blog, I know there isn't much up right now but I'm hoping to have everything fully functioning soon!

Xoxo,

Jackey

No comments:

Post a Comment