A Belated Update

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the lack of blog posts lately. I realized that my phone will not let me log into my blog account so I cannot update from my phone while I'm out, which lately has been about 95% of the time. I've also found myself just falling asleep as soon as I get home. I come back fully intending to write a blog post and journal and instead I just pass out as soon as I sit on my bed. We've been averaging about 13 miles a day, every day plus whatever other extra stressful things we'er doing (like getting stuck in a stairwell at 11pm). So I'm sorry for that, I'm going to try and really make time for blog posts from now on.

Second, I'd like to just write a small update so you're not left with nothing.

So the theatre. We've seen lots and lots of theatre! Don Juan in Soho (starring David Tennant), Twelfth Night, Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour, The Goat or Who is Sylvia? (starring Damian Lewis), Angels in America part 1 and 2 (starring Nathan Lane and Andrew Garfield), Salome, and Julius Caesar. That's 8 plays in just 12 days! We still have to see HIR, Anatomy of a Suicide, The Play that Goes Wrong and whatever else we decide to rush tickets for.

I have to say, everything we've seen has been good but there are definitely some things that were better than others. I really loved Angels in America, Don Juan, and The Goat (it actually became one of my favorite shows and I knew nothing about it previously) but unfortunately Twelfth Night and Julius Caesar weren't my favorites. But that's a story for a whole other time. Maybe I'll start writing my own reviews on the shows we've seen.

As for the city, it is absolutely amazing. You don't realize just how big it is until you're here. I can pretty much walk to most places but there are some that are far enough that I'd rather take the bus or the tube. Most of the time if I'm traveling by tube or bus I do it with a group but there have been a few times now (during the day) that I've had to take either by my self and figure out how the routes work. I actually have found that I prefer riding in a bus than the tube. And yes, I have ridden on the top of the double deckers. It's kind of bizarre and a good way to get hurt if you're standing on the stairs waiting to get off. But you also get a really beautiful view of the city, especially if you sit in the front.

This is Shakespeare's grave but it isn't my picture because my phone decided
to delete the one I took. Cool.
We went to Stratford-upon-Avon this week to see the birthplace of Shakespeare, his grave, and other places that were relevant to his life. It's a really beautiful place and I'd love to spend more time there. It almost seems like the ideal, utopia, city. It's quite and just overall a very lovely place. The architecture is beautiful as the town is filled with Tudor style houses.

I'm having an amazing time here, I cannot believe that the London portion is over halfway done! I promise I'll be getting more photos and updates posted in the near future. Thank you for all keeping up with my travels and checking in on me! You're all awesome!

Xoxo,

Jackey

No comments:

Post a Comment